Friday, February 03, 2006

State Capital Wanna-bes

My husband teaches keyboarding to eighth graders. As a way to practice technique, he will sometimes give them a "list" assignment. He gives them a topic and the kids type as many things as they can think of to put on the list in the allotted time.

This week, it was state capitals.

Here is a compilation of some of the answers he saw:

Dallas
Chicago
New York City
Los Angeles
Washington D.C.

and my personal favorite: Cleveland.

If you don't get why that is so funny, let me remind you that we live in Ohio.

Hmmm, maybe I should hook them up with a link to the "Could you pass eighth grade social studies" quiz.

But, I have a sneaking suspicion that I already know how they'd do.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Hansen said...

I don't even know my states *blush* My husband has been trying to teach me them since we've been married. Shusssh! Don't tell anyone.

Fri Feb 03, 02:30:00 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

That is so funny and a little sad all at the same time!

Heather - your secret's safe with us!

Fri Feb 03, 11:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home