Thursday, May 04, 2006

I Think too much

You know, those memes, like to one I did in my last post, can be answered in so many different ways. They don't actually help you get to know people, because simply answering the question (or filling in the blank) often does not give any indication as to whether the answers are THE ULTIMATE answer, or just one of many that work.

I suppose my answers to the last meme were just ones of the many that would work for me.

But, since doing it, I have been thinking. (Surprise, surprise.) And now I want to give one of THE answers.

Here it is. Take it for what it's worth (or, FWIW, Addie.)

I regret - not learning to love myself before I got married and had children. Oh the yuck that I have passed on to my familly. I really, really, regret this one a lot.

So there you have it. One of THE answers.

And, thankfully I am learning now to love myself. Praise God for that.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger sarahgrace said...

Woah! That's a real heavy one...do you want to talk about it? ; )

Thu May 04, 04:19:00 PM  
Blogger boomama said...

That is a deep one...I really do believe, though, that God can work all our "baggage" for good - and the fact that you know that about yourself seems way healthy to me. Now I know I don't know the whole story here...but like you said, you are learning to love yourself now, and that IS cause for praise.

And I tried to be as honest as I could be on my answers without freaking people out...which I definitely would've done with THE answers on "I should" and "I am not always." There are some areas where it's hard to be totally transparent on the interweb, you know?

By the way, I loved your comment about grocery shopping in the northeast - a little different than down this way, it sounds like. :-)

Thu May 04, 06:07:00 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

I have a friend who is hard to like, let alone love, because she doesnt like herself. She has a long list of all the things wrong with her, how she falls short. She continually calls up her past and drags us all through it with her. If we wait until we think we're loveable or deserve love from anyone, including ourselves it'll never happen. I've reminded my friend, it's not about us, it's about Him. If He can love us, completely knowing us as we were, as we are now, and as we will be when we fail Him again, then surely we can love ourselves.

Knowing that I am completely unloveable and yet He does, frees me to love myself. Who am I to not love someone He died for? If I were the only one, if you were the only one, He still would have gone to the cross - amazing! I too have a lot of yuck out there, but like Paul, press on toward the prize.... xoxoxo

Sat May 06, 12:08:00 AM  
Blogger Shalee said...

I think a lot of us can relate to that one. You're not alone with that feeling of not loving yourself and regretting what you've passed on to your kids!

Wed May 10, 12:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home