Thursday, November 09, 2006

Not that we ever doubted she's my daughter...

I took the kids to Dunkin Donuts tonight. I don't know why, but I have been craving one of those powdered sugar donuts with that rich chocolate cream inside (almost like cake frosting you'd buy at the store.) I have long been a fan of Dunkin Donuts, but as far as my favorites go, those donuts (which I found out are called "chocolate kreme") never even made the list. Cravings are never logical...

ANYWAY, as we were sitting in the DD enjoying our donuts, Lainee turned to me and said, "Mom, do they do parties at this place?"

I knew what she was thinking. She was thinking birthday party.

If only I had been wise enough to ask for a Dunkin Donut party when I turned six. Could you just imagine it? A box full of bavarian cream, sorrounded by eclairs. Candles stuck right in the donuts.

I had to tell my daughter that no, they do not do parties at Dunkin Donuts. But don't think for a minute that I haven't considered tryng it anyway.

Who would have more fun at THAT party? Me or her?

Just by way of information, I will now post my top five favorite Dunkin Donuts
1. Absolutely, hands down, Bavarian cream.
2. Eclairs
3. Boston cream
4. French crullers
5. Cinnamon sugar

(Okay - Bavaria, Boston, France? Do I have to state my obvious international flair here people?)

This seems like a good time for a (long overdue) unofficial poll.

Unofficial Poll: What is your favorite kind of donut?

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glazed. . . w/sugar, not honey

Thu Nov 09, 02:29:00 AM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Plain ol' glazed donuts for me. Although I do love me a Bavarian cream now and then. :-)

Both with a cup of strong black coffee.

Thu Nov 09, 02:40:00 AM  
Blogger Shalee said...

Ummm, do I have to pick just one?

I like the cinnamon twists, the chocolate covered raised, a sour cream donut and a really good crispy, yet moist apple fritter.

I think you just made me need to go find a donut shop - any except Krispy Kreme. I can't stand their greasy, artery-clogging excuse for donuts.

Thu Nov 09, 11:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite is just the regular glazed doughnuts-fried, not cake...

Thu Nov 09, 01:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krispy Kreme--plain glazed. Reia loves the sprinkle ones. She particularly likes that they change the color of the sprinkles with the season.

Robin

Thu Nov 09, 04:51:00 PM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

I don't care for doughnuts at all. Can I stll be your friend?

Thu Nov 09, 06:39:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Shannon M. Herren said...

Krisy Kreme glazed, right after the light goes on in the window at the store.
At DD's, powdered sugar lemon creme is to die for!
No way I'm telling my 10 yr old about your daughter's idea for a b-day party there, he'd be all over that!
God bless!

Fri Nov 10, 09:56:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Krispy Kreme plain glazed for me, thanks.

Sat Nov 11, 01:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krispy Kreme is so foul, just the smell makes me want to cut out my tongue!

Lori, the Bavarian cream is the best doughnut ever. Ever. And I am not a doughnut person. I have lived happily without ever ingesting a single one for years at at time. But DD's is not for me anymore. There is a family owned doughnut shop just up the road from work and their's is the most delicious bite.

Sat Nov 11, 06:39:00 PM  
Blogger PEZmama said...

I've got to agree with the sis on this one. Krispy Kreme disgusts me. And there WAS a great, family owned donut shop right near us. It's a bar now. Oh, the loss this world has suffered now that those donuts are no longer with us. They beat a DD ANY day. (And their cinnamon would have probably been my #2 choice.)

I don't even think I have been in a DD for a few years, and I love donuts. But now that it's the only thing around... it'll do.

Sat Nov 11, 10:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Custard filled!! I really miss the "Whistle Stop" in Carlisle. I haven't had a custard filled since they left. :(

When I was growing up, my dad would get us glazed donuts and a jar of peanutbutter. We would put a teaspoon of peanutbutter on the donut and take a bite. Put another spoonfull on the end where we bit it, and take another big bite. So on and so on. DELICIOUS!!

Mon Nov 13, 03:25:00 PM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Fail's Doughnut Shop, in the town where I went to high school in California, made the most amazing cream-filled maple bars. Unbelievable. I'm sure they'll serve them in heaven (let's hope I get there to enjoy them).

I'm a huge Krispy Kreme fan and hate Dunkin with a passion. So there, my friend, we part ways.

I do like me a glazed old-fashioned once in a while, but other than that, I'm more of a scone girl.

Sat Mar 31, 11:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home