Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Endangered Species

Most of you who read this blog probably don't know that I am a pretty vocal activist with regard to a certain endangered species. It's not something I write about here, because, honestly I think that this type of concern cannot be conveyed effectively to people I can't actually see. My experience has been that personal conversation does much more in the way of convincing others of the importance of this species and the need to step up our efforts to preserve it.

Why have I singled out this particular species? It isn't so much that I think other endangered species are less important. That's not it at all. It's just that the dwindling of this population has already had negative effects in our household.

If that sounds like overkill, let me assure you it is not.

But the part that really jerks my chain is that all of it - ALL OF IT - is totally unnecessary and completely preventable.

I'm breaking with my tradition of not addressing this on my blog because it seems that the personal pleas of people like me are falling on deaf ears. I wanted to take this opportunity to recognize this species publicly before it is gone forever.







Teaspoon, you will be missed.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Addie said...

Bwah-ha-ha-ha! Are you sure all of yours didn't just run away with the dish?

I find my forks at my husbands office all the time! Grrr! He cares nothing for other species! :D

Thu Jun 07, 12:00:00 AM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Okay, you totally had me fished in. I scrolled down expecting to see a polar bear or a spotted owl. Good one!

Do a hard target search of your yard. Whenever I'm missing any kitchen items, I nearly always find them near some hole to China the kids have been digging.

Thu Jun 07, 06:28:00 AM  
Blogger Noodle said...

LOL! And this is the very reason that we keep disposable spoons handy at all times. The urchins are discouraged from using my silverware. :)

Thu Jun 07, 04:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think spoons disappear in the dishwasher; just like socks always disappear in the washer or dryer. Janice

Thu Jun 07, 05:11:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I used to make fun of a friend of mine who constantly lost her dishes. Now that I have a 5 and 2 yr old I can't say I understand it, but I believe it happens.

Fri Jun 08, 03:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home