Saturday, June 30, 2007

Well, Color me.... PINK????

You all know that I love me some Phil. Yes, I do. And Phil has established himself quite well in the golfing world. But just a few years ago, Mr. Mickelson had a little black cloud over his head, following him around everywhere he went. It didn't matter how many tournaments he won, how many greens he hit in regulation, how far he could drive the ball. His golfing greatness was always in question because....

He'd never won a Major.

In fact, the media bestowed upon him the title of "Best Golfer Never to Win a Major."

Really.

I've been at this blogging thing over three years now. I'm pretty certain that this here bastion of mediocrity has been on the verge of critical acclaim for at least two years, but no matter what I do, I just can't seem to convince the public that this blogger is championship material. While everyone is off reading the megablogs, I, quite possibly The Best Blogger Never to Win a Blog Award, am languishing in the shadows.

Maybe this is why I've always loved Phil so much. The shared experience, you know?

But, much like that magical Sunday at Augusta National, things have finally turned around for me. I've got my first little bloggy award; bestowed upon me by Laura over at My Quotidian Mysteries. I'm honored. Because she's smart, y'all. She told me she used to work for a think tank. That impresses me in the way that you get impressed when you have some vague notion that really smart people have that kind of job, but you have no idea what a think-tank-person would be called, let alone what they do. Other than think, of course. (And, as if that is not enough, she uses words like "quotidian" and "taciturn." I only know what one of those words mean, and that's only because it was in my book.) Why she reads this blog, I will never know.

But, aside from the fact that having smart people like me makes me feel stupid, I am very excited to receive my first ever blog award. And here it is...


And now I think I am supposed to pass the award on to a few of my peeps.

So, I hereby confer the "Rockin' Girl Blogger" award upon:

1. Leslie. Because she does rock. She hasn't been posting much lately, because she's a busy lady, living is Australia now. She's got some cool stuff on her current blog, but I "met" her when she was blogging at Haply Thinking. And I like her because she wasn't just "haply" thinking. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Leslie is on my short list of bloggers that I would go out of my way to meet. (Although Australia may be pushing it...)

2. Maureen. Because she is the one who introduced me to blogging. And because she makes me want to live out my faith in ways that scare the poop out of me. Which, I am convinced, is a lot more like how it ought to be done.

3. Jeana. Because she rocks in the sense that she can quote song lyrics to you at the drop of a hat. And she always answers my questions whenever I ask her something about homeschooling. And she even called me when I was a bit down. Plus she is funny.

There you have it.

And thank you for stopping by my award-winning blog.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeana said...

MOI? Well, I'm just tickled...well, you know.

Sat Jun 30, 11:21:00 PM  
Blogger maureen said...

thanks lori!

Sun Jul 01, 08:39:00 PM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Congratulations! It is richly deserved.

It cracks me up that it's pink. Ahh, the irony.

Mon Jul 02, 07:32:00 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

You are too much. I am NOT. THAT. SMART.

Think tanks? Tanks of Washington, D.C. folk, designed to hold in all the hot air spewing forth.

Keep it coming, Lou!

Mon Jul 02, 01:30:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fun blogs. Glad I found yours, Lou. Not sure how I got here. Via Novembrance, maybe? Or was it Laura? Whatever. It's quite an education reading everyone's take on life.

Tue Jul 03, 08:34:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

You do rock. Totally deserved.

Wed Jul 04, 10:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home