Wednesday, June 27, 2007

While Visions of Kale Danced in my Head

Back in December, I asked for advice about, among other things, a tasty way to fix kale. I didn't get much response there. I can't imagine why. But just last week I happened to be with a friend, whose food tastes are much like mine, as she was eating some lunch that she'd brought from home.

She had kale.

She offered me some.

I ate it.

Heavenly music began playing and, as I chewed in slow motion, the world became rosy and it was all I could do to keep myself from fainting.

Needless to say, I asked her for the recipe, and while I was on my way home from Sears yesterday, I stopped to pick up some kale and one ingredient that I didn't have here at home. I began preparing it without delay. Then I ate a lot.

And I had more at lunch time today along with a modified version of my favorite sandwich - which has sliced zuchinni in place of the spinach, thereby making it my favoriteEST sandwich - and some fruit.

The yum factor was high.

So, if you want to increase the yum factor in your lunch, this is how you do it:

Add about 1/4 cup (or less) of water to a large skillet. Add a bit of olive oil. Add one or two teaspoons of Tamari sauce (which is like soy sauce.) Sprinkle in Spike seasoning and ground ginger - enough of each to distribute it all around the skillet. Heat mixture until it begins to steam and sautee a bunch of washed, torn kale until it turns bright green. Add sesame seeds if desired.

Happy eating.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeana said...

I was CERTAIN I had suggested my Italian Wedding Soup as a kale carrier. It's on my blog, here http://laughter4daystocome.blogspot.com/2006/06/italian-wedding-soup.html

Wed Jun 27, 04:21:00 PM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Didn't I give you my kale recipe? I thought I had. It's similar to the one you just posted though, so happy eating!

Thu Jun 28, 08:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home