Sunday, July 22, 2007

Should'a, Would'a, Could'a

I am sitting down to type this between the final hole of the British Open and the play-off that is about to occur between Sergio Garcia and Padraig Harrington.

And what I am about to do is supremely immature. Because I am kicking myself. Kicking myself for not predicting what I thought would happen and has now, as it turns out, come to pass.

Sergio choked.

Magnificently. Like - "final putt to win it outright but lipped the cup and had to go to a play-off" kind of choked.

Not a clutch player, he. (And don't you worry your pretty little heads about it because I realize Phil isn't a clutch guy either...)

So, I am going to make my prediction, because, as good as Sergio is, I don't think he is going to handle the pressure very well. And in fairness, I think it is difficult for anyone to lead all four days of a tournament (let alone a major) and be cool enough under the pressure to win it.

There you have it. My prediction, which was my prediction all along, I just didn't get around to stating it until today.

Congratulations Padraig.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Tee hee! You're so funny.

Mon Jul 23, 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hey Lou. Saw your comment for the contest. Isn't it overwhelming?!

So glad to know I've got bloggy friends like you that are PRE-the-crazy-giveaway! :) I know ya love me for me! :)

Take care.

Mon Jul 23, 08:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home