Tuesday, July 10, 2007

That Weight Thang

Had this been the THIRD week in a row that I had to post a no loss/no gain for the Weight Loss Challenge, I was totally prepared to tell you all about something my husband said to me this week (which was, "Your bottom looks smaller.")

I would have called this my victory for the week, and promptly set my sights on next week's weigh-in.

Because I know if I didn't share that with you, I'd be getting all sorts of comments from all sorts of lovely people who would be all sorts of concerned when they mistook my self-deprecating ramblings about weight loss as a sign that I am losing my motivation.

But, as it turns out, I don't have to tell you the story. Nor do I have to ramble, self-deprecating-ly (?) because I lost a pound and I now weigh 142.5 lbs.

And I want to get to the 130's more than I want the chocolate chip cookies that are in my kitchen cabinet.

Most of the time, anyway.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Keep hanging in there dear one.

Tue Jul 10, 09:49:00 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

WHOOO HOOO! And just for the record, anytime that a hubby says that your butt looks smaller -- it's true! They see these things first. Give that man a hug! See you next week.

Tue Jul 10, 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Congrats on the pound lost! I'm not sure how tall you are, but weight-wise we're about the same size (I'm 147.5 right now). So, I love what you said- I want to get to the 130's more than I want those chocolate chip cookies. Great way to look at it. I need to keep that in mind.

btw- I love your blog!!

Tue Jul 10, 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

Pezmama's losin
(some in the tush)
To get to 130's
she'll continue to push

You can do it, Pez!

Tue Jul 10, 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Shoot - I would take a comment like your husband's anyday over a number loss on the scale!
Lucky you - you got both!

Tue Jul 10, 01:20:00 PM  
Blogger mamabright1 said...

woohoo! a weight loss and a reduced rear...great week!!!

Tue Jul 10, 02:07:00 PM  
Blogger Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Hooray for smaller butts! Congrats on the loss.
Path to Health

Tue Jul 10, 06:08:00 PM  
Blogger Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

A lower number and a good butt comment, how could life get any better!! Congrats on the loss and make sure you stick your tongue out at the cookies when you close the cabinet door!

Tue Jul 10, 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Congrats. Man, I'd love to be 142.5!

Wed Jul 11, 10:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home