Saturday, June 30, 2007

Meme Mania

Luisa tagged me for a meme. It's late, and I should be going to bed, so my brain is tired. I hope this doesn't end up being boring!

What were you doing ten years ago?
I was recovering from knee surgery, trying to find a new job teaching chemistry, and donating my time to my then-current employer preparing the oldest high school chem lab in the history of man for a visit from a hazardous waste disposal company. Seriously.

What were you doing one year ago?
I was visiting my family in CT and working on catching up on my reading challenge.

Five Snacks You Enjoy:
1. Ice cream.
2. Fruit smoothies
3. Any chocolate that isn't Tootsie Rolls or M&M's
4. Cereal
5. Chopped walnuts with honey

Five songs you know all the lyrics to:
1. And So It Goes by Billy Joel (and I'll just leave it at one Billy Joel song, okay?)
2. Great is Thy Faithfulness
3. Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
4. We Belong by Pat Benatar
5. Rachel Racinda by Lost and Found

Things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Give a whole lot to World Vision
2. Get a new kitchen floor
3. Get solar panels for my house
4. Take some classes
5. Go away by myself for a whole week.

Five Bad Habits:
1. Sucking my thumb
2. Blogging late at night instead of exercising
3. Leaving my hair in the bathtub
4. Not washing dishes
5. Biting/picking at my lips

Five things you like to do:
1. Learn
2. Crochet or knit
3. Sit in a coffee shop all by myself and write
4. Talk about myself. (Maybe that should be listed in the question above.)
5. Laugh

Five things you will never wear again:
1. My fake tooth. I was a fake tooth (my top, right one) attached to a retainer-type device. I needed surgery and ended up wearing it for about two years before I got an implant to replace the gaping hole in my head.
2. Leg warmers
3. Banana clips
4. Pink.
5. Anything in a size 8.

Five Favorite Toys:
1. Computer
2. Sewing machine
3. I seriously cannot think of anything else

Where will I be in ten years?
Writing Bible studies and speaking to women's groups.

If you want to join in on the meme, please do. Leave me a comment so I know to check out your answers.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Well, that's fantastic! Thanks for playing.

No M&Ms? How come?

Mon Jul 02, 07:30:00 AM  
Blogger Noodle said...

Chopped walnuts and honey? Sounds very Greek! :)

I played along!

Mon Jul 02, 11:13:00 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

I played along...and probably way more than anyone EVER wanted to know about me.

www.ladybug-katie.blogspot.com

Tue Jul 03, 01:39:00 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

Loved reading your answer to where you'll be in ten years. That'd be perty darn cool, if you ask me!

Tue Jul 03, 03:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home