Monday, September 03, 2007

Improving His Record

"I think for ten years I have struggled against Tiger. My record was pathetic."
- Phil Mickelson

What fun watching him go head-to-head with Tiger today and beating him outright. Of course he wasn't satisfied with beating Tiger by five strokes so, in true Mickelson fashion, he had to make us all squirm a bit as he whittled it to a more comfortable two.

Great fun, Phil. Thanks for the show.

And, by the way, I don't know much about PGA politics or what kind of discussions are going on behind closed doors, but I do know this: If you give up your shot at the $10 million FedEx Cup Title just so you can be home with your kids when they start school this week, you will be the permanent all-time "number one" on my list of favorite golfers.

I'm guessing there is a little more to it than just your desire to see the kids off, but I'd be giddy if you did it.

Do it, Phil. DO IT!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

When I read that about Phil earlier this week, I thought of you immediately.

Thu Sep 06, 12:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home