Monday, August 13, 2007

Vital Survival Information Should You Ever Unexpectedly Get Stuck in China

This coming week is my last week of Chinese class, and I have to do a short presentation. In preparation for it, I started looking through the lessons from the text which we will not cover. I was hoping to find a word or two that I could use in the presentation.

I knew as soon as I started reading that I'd be blogging about this.

Here are some of the sentences that are contained in the book. Commit them to memory, folks, you never know when you might need them...

Chu men gen zai jia bu yiyang, gafan shi jiu shi duo - "Going on a trip is not like staying at home, you'll certainly have more problems to solve."

Wo de xingli hen da, yi ge ren ban bu dong - "My luggage is so big that I can't carry it myself."

Yiyuan qianbian xiu lu, qiche dao bu liao yiyuan menkou - "The road is being repaired in front of the hospital, so the car can't reach its gate."

Chule qu shixi de yiwai, dou lai le - "Except for those who have gone to do field practice, everybody is here."

Si ge xiao bao buru liang ge da bao hao - "Four small parcels are not as convenient as two big parcels."

Wo changwan jiu gai nimen le - "I've finished singing. It is your turn now."

Ni ba zui zhangkai, wo kankan - "Please open your mouth and let me have a look."

Ta yi chu men jiu shuaidao le - "No sooner had she left the room than she fell down."

Ni kanjian Hezi le ma - "Have you seen Wako?"

Wako.

Indeed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Davidians in China?

Mon Aug 13, 03:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only wish I remembered how to say the phrase that my friend found most useful while in East Asia this summer: "Do I look like a fool to you?"

-Sarah

Mon Aug 13, 10:16:00 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

I will do my best to commit these to memory...along with that CD set of "lessons" that I feel are not going to help me as I've switched back to my Kids Worship cd.

The "My luggage is so big I can't carry it myself" is the one that will be most helpful.

Sat Aug 18, 05:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home