Thursday, August 09, 2007

Bet You Never Knew the Macedonian Call was Actually an E-mail

The phone rang around noon today and a woman from church was on the other end.

"How's it going?" she asked.

I figured it was just one of those pleasantries, so I answered "fine" and waited for her to get on with why she called.

But "how it was going" was why she called.

You see, this morning she received an e-mail. It was from my husband, who is currently on a mission trip in Macedonia. It seems he asked her if she would be able to take the kids for a little while so I could get time to study for my Chinese quiz this evening.

Why, yes indeedy.

She picked them up at 12:30 and dropped them off at 4:15. While they were gone, I studied at Panera, and even got a chance to stop in at Target and find purse (shopping? in PEACE?) to replace the one that broke last week.

So, whomever of you have been praying, I humbly thank you.

And, in case you were wondering, I won the battle of the wills last night. After a few failed attempts at putting her back down to bed, and several subsequent negotiations through the closed door, the SCREAMING child finally decided to lay quietly, and was asleep within minutes. At 11:30 pm.

Hopefully, three days in a row of night-time tantrums will be all that is required to teach her that the mama ain't kidding when she says "do not get up, and do not scream."

Hopefully.....

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeana said...

Aha. Now that I know that Dad is out of town, let me predict that the screaming will last until the night he is home wherein it will completely stop and you will be so aghast at that that you will almost want her to start again, just so he can share in the joy. Almost.

But here's hoping I'm wrong and it stops now.

Thu Aug 09, 08:10:00 PM  
Blogger Jeana said...

And now that I've admitted that I look at the very first line of yesterday's post which was, "Paul is gone this week."

Some days I'm a might slow.

Thu Aug 09, 08:11:00 PM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

You did it, you did it! Whenever I had to steel myself through tantrums like that, I would mentally chant, "I can't give in, or the terrorist will have won." It worked, too. Now the people in this house know that I don't negotiate with terrorists. Ever.

Panera is the BEST for quality alone time. Yay! And your husband is a gem.

And you're welcome. ;)

Fri Aug 10, 08:04:00 AM  
Blogger Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Wow! Panera and Target by yourself all in one day? I'm jealous!

But I am sure the nighttime tantrum-ing is no fun. Hope tonight is better!

(Thanks, by the way, for popping by my blog.)

Fri Aug 10, 03:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Always one more reason to be thankful for having no children of my own.

Mon Aug 13, 03:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home