Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Weight Loss

I have no explanation for what happened this week. I ate dessert more times than there were days in the week. And I think I only exercised twice.

I seriously considered not doing a weigh-in at all because I didn't think I could handle the disappointment of gaining that much.

Except that I lost.

Which baffles me. Completely baffles me.

And now, in your best Casey Kasem voice: Up a pound last week at 143.5, Lori hits the chart this week at 141.0 with "Completely Baffled."

Total lost since beginning the challenge: 7.5 lbs

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

I have learned that our bodies are not simple machines. We like to think that input will equal output, but it just doesn't work that way. Ever. No matter what the diet companies and the press say.

My own body seems to defy all known laws of physics. Maybe there is something crucial and metaphysical that we're all missing.

Tue Jul 24, 08:59:00 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

I am glad that however it worked out, it equated to a loss for you. It's hard to say how it happens. One thing I have found out is that researchers don't know a lot about the brain and they know even less about our metabolisms. It is mostly guess work and I guess it worked in your case! Have a great week, see you next Tuesday!

Tue Jul 24, 03:03:00 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Congrats on your loss sweet one.

Tue Jul 24, 03:35:00 PM  
Blogger Deena Peterson said...

YAY!!! Sounds like a hit to me!!

But can you dance to it:o)

Tue Jul 24, 03:52:00 PM  
Blogger Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Gotta be careful though. Sometimes it takes a few days to catch up with you if you're eating lots of desserts. But hey, we celebrate every loss, right? :-D
Path to Health

Tue Jul 24, 09:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home