Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Very exciting

Today I received confirmation about the "opportunity" I previously posted about. Now that I know it is a "for sure" thing, I am DEFINITELY excited... and I can tell you what it is now, too! I have been asked to speak at the opening MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting in September. The theme for the year is the fruit of the Spirit from Galatians 5:22-23. The idea of encouraging women with Scripture through public speaking excites me and, as I metioned before, I have been praying for the opportunity to do it for over 3 years. I am excited that God has chosen to answer this prayer in this way! I feel a bit underqualified, but that just adds to my excitement because it is a chance for God to do something awesome with someone who is very imperfect! Yahooooooooooooooooo!

The added benefit is that it motivates me to study the Scriptures more.

-------------------------------------------------------
My nephew, Seth, has read my blog! How very exciting (for me) but I think this may go to show how boring Iraq can be for him.

-------------------------------------------------------
The votes are in. "Lightning bugs" was unanimously chosen over "fire flies." So, am I the ONLY person who says fire flies?

-------------------------------------------------------
Mr. bug has learned how to march. He only lifts his right knee up in the air, and just walks like normal with his left. Very cute. (Totally unbiased opinion, of course!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home