Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A List of Seven "Sorta" Sevens

Kim over at Boy Makes Three tagged me to complete this little list. Here it is...

7 Things to do before I die:
1. Learn to play the piano.
2. Finish that watercolor quilt I started 4 years ago.
3. Learn another language... Mandarin or Spanish.
4. Write something meaningful.
5. Take another vacation with Helen. Just us girls.
6. Pursue a different career.
7. Take some seminary Bible classes.

7 Things I cannot do:
1. Cook real rice on the stove.
2. Burp.
3. Do math quick in my head.
4. Ice skate.
5. Sit ups... it's so sad.
6. Sit in one position for more than 5 minutes.
7. Sew set-in seams on a quilt.

7 Things that attract me to my husband:
1. He prays a lot, and he prays especially for me.
2. He is calm, and generally this is good because I am not.
3. His bald head. Yup. Love it.
4. The way he puts his arm around me when we are singing at church, even if I don't do it back.
5. I can tell him how I really feel and he still likes me afterward.
6. Have you seen him in a suit? NICE!
7. He likes to help people without calling a lot of attention to himself.

7 Things I say most often:
1. What kind of snack do you want, Boo?
2. SON!
3. Dooney, dooney, doon. (I speak complete nonsense to my kids, especially when they are babies. I get on a kick where one particular "phrase" will stick with me for a few weeks. This is the one I've been chanting to Bethany lately. It's kinda like saying "you are too cute (or precious, or whatever) for words." I just bypass that statement altogether and skip right to making up new words.)
4. Do you understand?
5. I use the word "just" all the time.
6. Hey.
7. Please close the refrigerator!

7 Books I love:
1. The Bible
2. Celebration of Discipline
3. China Wakes
4. Surely, You're Joking Mr. Feynman
5. Lost Daughters of China
6. A Separate Peace
7. Night

7 Movies I [could] watch over and over:
1. The Princess Bride
2. Footloose
3. The Anne of Green Gables/Avonlea Series
4. Emma
5. While You Were Sleeping
6. Sense and Sensibility
7. Sliding Doors
(I don't really watch movies much.)

7 People I would like to answer these questions:
1. Addie
2. Robin
3. Maureen
4. Heather
5. Kiki

And that's all. I don't reciprocally read blogs with enough people to have 7 that haven't already been tagged.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

zYou give your husband way too much credit.

Thu Dec 15, 06:50:00 AM  
Blogger PEZmama said...

To the punk who keeps making snarky comments anonymously:

What's the matter with you? Being snarky and not owning up to it is so immature. No matter, I suppoose. I know who you are and where you live. And if you keep making snarky comments then I will have to make comments of my own about how your initials are commonly used to refer to malodorous people.

No, I will not tell you what malodorous means.

Love you, bro.

Lori :)

Thu Dec 15, 11:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The punk is your husband this time--I love you too!

Fri Dec 16, 07:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....and did you really think that the malodorous one is up that early and on his computer?

Fri Dec 16, 07:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori-
I am truly honored to have made the top 7! YEEEEHAAWWWW! I have an idea on where to go.... Memph!

Love,
Helen

Tue Dec 20, 09:00:00 PM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

I did see this... wanted to let you know. I haven't had time yet to do it! Sorry!!!!!

Wed Dec 21, 02:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home