Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Oh. My. Word.

Folks, let me just tell you...

I left my house this morning and won't be back until tomorrow. I have spent a good part of my day shopping for all the little things I will need for Christmas that I get all ba-humbuggy about when I have to do it with the kids.

But without them?

Fa-la-la-la-la. La. La. LA. LAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I've got stocking stuffers and stuff for the kids' Sunday school teachers. I picked up something I needed for homeschooling. Got my hair cut. Found a gift I need for an upcoming baby shower. I even BROWSED at a store containing aisle after aisle of HIGHLY BREAKABLE merchandise...

Now, I am at the library and I am going to do a little work on my 500th post (can you stand the suspense?) and I will do it uninterrupted!

So, I am going to go get to work. And then I am going to go eat. Chinese, I think. Then I am going back to my nicely appointed hotel room and I might just watch TV. I thought it might be fun to have the experience of watching it AND hearing it at the same time.

Quilting... swimming... reading... crochet... oh, the possibilities...

5 Comments:

Blogger boomama said...

Is it bad if I feel a teensy bit jealous?

Just a little bit?

Especially at the watching TV in a hotel room part?

ENJOY! Fa la la la laaaaa, indeed. :-)

Wed Nov 22, 06:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Paul certainly is a blessing!

Thu Nov 23, 04:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful !!! Teensy bit nothing ! I am completely full-blown jealous !!!

Fri Nov 24, 05:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jealous...I'm jealous, it's not faaaairrrr! Ha ha, just kidding. That is awesome that you were able to get total freedom for more than 24 hours!

Sun Nov 26, 11:46:00 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I want to join in too...

FA A LA LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAAAA!

I got two days of shopping, uninterrupted meals, stockers stuffers, etc. too! Except I didn't get the hotel room with my own TV! :)

Isn't life grand? I'm so happy you got to go kid-less. It's the small stuff isn't it that counts? Way to go Paul!

Happy 'late' Thanksgiving!

Mon Nov 27, 01:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home