Sunday, November 26, 2006

You know what? Well I don't Either

Is it me, or does it sometimes feel like there is nothing worth writing on the blog? Life it good. I could tell a story or two, but I have no Deeper Meaning to offer from those stories. Just life.

Somehow I feel obligated to have Deeper Meaning. A post without Deeper Meaning is not worthy of the blogosphere, right?

So, I offer you some of my thoughts. Just thoughts. Unedited. You supply the Deeper Meaning.

- kids who, upon learning that orange juice comes from oranges, exclaim "that's COOL!" are cute.

- There should be ample opportunity in a church for each person to exmine and rehearse their faith so that when we leave we are more prepared to live out our faith in the "real" world. Squelching peoples' questions as they work out their faith in the name of "covering all of the scriptures" makes me squirm.

- I'm torn about leading a Bible study at church. I wanted to do "Through the Bible in 90 Days" and open it up to anyone who was interested. But someone has asked me to consider leading Ruth Graham Lotz's "Revelation" study that we are doing as a follow-up to Beth Moore's "Daniel." The Revelation study won't be offered at a time that is convenient for everyone. That's why I was asked to consider doing it on Thursday mornings. I am not worried about teaching per se. But, given the fact that I have done an entire week's worth of homework the night before Bible study (three times, I might add,) I don't know if I will be disciplined enough to prepare the lesson adequately.

- Though the reality is, I CAN be prepared. It's just a matter of my own willingness to do it.

- I need to do a post about my attempts to lose weight. I could probably write up something humorous or possibly encouraging. But you know what? When all is said and done, I'd still have to tell you that I haven't lost any weight. And the mental energy required to decide if I wanted to take the "poor me" angle or the "I'm so mad it makes me even more resolved" angle really isn't worth the mediocre post that it would amount to. And that pesky lack of Deeper Meaning pretty much seals the deal for me -this post just isn't worth all the QWERTY hopping.

- I find it odd that I really want to learn about 5 languages. I also find it difficult to determine if pursuing that knowledge is what is best right now.

- And I don't like the book I am reading right now. But by the time I had decided that it stunk, I was already too far into it. In case you are wondering, it's Teacher Man by Frank McCourt.

- The next few weeks are busy. That's fine. Busyness, however, always makes me wonder if the things I am doing are worth the energy. I want my life to be one of purpose, but sometimes it seems like the things I end up doing (all fine things, by the way,) have me a bit off track in regards to my purpose.

- Henceforth, I have thought about writing out my own purpose statement. Goals. My Mission.
- I know someone who did that.

- My blessings list is growing, but I realized this Thanksgiving that I am forgetting to actually THANK God for those things.

- Thank you God.

[Insert Deeper Meaning here.]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really curious about this one: "There should be ample opportunity in a church for each person to exmine and rehearse their faith so that when we leave we are more prepared to live out our faith in the "real" world. Squelching peoples' questions as they work out their faith in the name of "covering all of the scriptures" makes me squirm."
That sounds like it could be a very interesting and thought provoking post... (hint, hint)

Mon Nov 27, 12:32:00 PM  
Blogger ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

I'm with sarahgrace. that's worth a post- even if just to explain what that actually means.

And "sue's fate" -- I'm right there with you!! Would it be too cliche to say I'll start after the New Year?

thanks for sharing... even if there's no "deeper meaning" attached.

Mon Nov 27, 02:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home