Thursday, January 25, 2007

Dear Paul: An actual e-mail to my husband

Could you please call Bank of America and tell them they are driving your wife crazy. They have called every day this week asking for you and every day I have told them that you are not home in the daytime. Every day they have said they will "take care" of it, or some such nonsense. Every day they call again.

Someone gave me a phone number yesterday to call and the woman I called put me on the do not call list, then said that it could take 30 days for that to take effect. They called again today, I spoke to a manager and he said, after cutting me off in the middle of a sentence, that there was nothing he could do the change how their system works and that he is sorry for the inconvenience (even though the inconvenience will probably happen again, but I guess that's my problem, not his.)

I had to (HAD TO) tell him that his company was a lot more likely to get some business from us if they would actually listen to potential customers and try to accomodate them. But that's when he cut me off. So I guess I got my point across eh?

Kicking myself for not writing down names.

ANYWAY, I called the number on the back of the card and the woman could not help me because she didn't know who to send me to to take care of it. That's funny. Then she said "Since you are not the cardholder, I cannot even tell you the balance on the account." To which I said "That's hilarious, because I just listened to a recording that I didn't even ask for, which told me the balance on this account."

Is everyone at Bank of America on narcotics or something?

So... after some lengthy discourse about Federal Law or some such nonsense, I just told her to STOP and listen to me. Finally, she told me that if YOU call she can "push one button" to make them stop calling. And I told her that I already called the number they gave me yesterday to put us on the do not call list (she was surprised they even GAVE me a number to call) and I explained that they said it would take thirty days. So I asked her if this "button" she can push (if YOU call) will also take thirty days to work. She said, and I quote "It shouldn't."

Very reassuring, eh?

So could you please call and attempt to get that button pushed because they are about to drive me batty - as evidenced by the fact that I have just typed out a lengthy e-mail detailing all of this to you.

the acct # is XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
the Customer "Service" (wink, wink) number is 1 800 732 9194

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
L

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Addie said...

UGH! Annoying!!! I especially love it when they are rude and cut you off. :P

Hopefully Mr. Pez can get things squared away.

Thu Jan 25, 02:12:00 PM  
Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

My bank is the same - they'll only talk to one spouse. This even happened when they had to call to report "suspicious" activity on our account!

Andrew (To Love, Honor, and Dismay)

Thu Jan 25, 05:26:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Did it work? Because if it did, I have a few emails I need to send! :)

Fri Jan 26, 10:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home