Friday, January 19, 2007

For All You* Little People!

I haven't shared much of my thoughts about "blog awards." I suppose I won't do it now either. Suffice to say that I find them odd.

That said, Jules (whom I do not find odd) at Everyday Mommy is hosting a new kind of blog award (which I also, oddly, do not find odd.) It's called the Hidden Treasure Blog Award. It seems like a decent way to bring more readers to blogs that don't already get hundreds of hits every day. (I've experienced this on occasion over here, but one required a cute child and an expensive trip to China, and the other required a link from one of those other well-read blogs. And getting her to link to me wasn't cheap either, thankyouverymuch.**)

Normally I don't nominate or vote in these kinds of things. But when I read about this, I realized that I read a few bloggers who have written some posts that might deserve some recognition. And I think, in this case, they might actually have a shot at being recognized! It seems like this might be a chance for the "little people" to get a pat on the back for good writing.

So, if you can think of a blogger who doesn't have a huge readership, but has a few well-written posts, you might consider nominating him or her and spread the bloggy-award love.

*And by "you" I mean "us." ;)
** I'M KIDDING!

4 Comments:

Blogger Addie said...

Did you have to send her a truckload of diet coke too? ;-)

Well whadda ya know. A blog award that you* can get behind.

(*and by you, I mean you.)

:D

Fri Jan 19, 02:08:00 PM  
Blogger boomama said...

Yes, and in addition to All The Cash and diet Coke that you sent, the fried chicken was pretty delicious, too.

:-)

And for the record, I think the Hidden Treasure awards are a very cool idea.

Fri Jan 19, 02:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record for some reason I always thought of your blog as another "very well read" blog. But yes not as much as about three of them I frequent.

I too love Jules idea for this. What an awesome thing. Let's all get to reading archives...

Sat Jan 20, 04:49:00 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Jules comes up with great ideas all the time but she's outdone herself this time. This one is great. I plan to do a little archive digging, too. Lots of great posts out there. They deserve some notice.

Sat Jan 20, 05:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home