Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Better Late than Never

Well, Ms. Boo approached me today with this:

"Mom, remember last year how we made a birthday cake for Jesus?"

"Yes."

"Well, can we do that again?"

"Sure. There's a cake mix in the cabinet. Go get it."

The cake is in the oven now.

Mind you, the REASON the cake mix was in the cabinet was because I did actually PLAN to make the birthday cake for Jesus. It just didn't happen. Not so much because I was overwhelmed with holiday to-dos. Just because. Well, I don't really know why.

But I blame the digital camera.

See, it broke. And we haven't bought a new one yet (though we are working on it.) And when it got so late in the season that we couldn't get the photo taken for our cards in time.... well... I just let it gooooooo.........................

And figured that a New Year card would suffice.

And hey, there's not really a deadline for a New Year card, is there? I could send it just about any time in the month of January and still be well within the "New Year" time frame.

So, I'm thinking maybe this approach to the Christmas cards may have worn off in other areas as well. Namely, the birthday cake.

Just don't ask me to take care of the water bill, mkay?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

I am so with you on the late Christmas card with photo. And I didn't even have a broken camera to blame. It just didn't get done.

I'll be looking online for New Year's cards. I'll let you know if we find a cute one :)

Wed Dec 27, 11:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home