Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas

These last few weeks at church, God has placed in my heart a new sense of awe over the birth of Christ. I've read the passages from Luke and Matthew countless times before, but they are new for me this year. I wonder at the glory of it all. All of history had been pointing to his arrival, and this was the night it happened.

Of course, angels came to announce his birth, but I just can't fathom what that must have been like. What could it possibly have sounded like? Their King was arriving to do all that He had determined to do since before time. This was THE night.

No wonder the shepherds were scared!

What I cannot fathom is how the world managed not to break in half. How could this world possibly hold such glory?

I don't know how it worked, but I am beyond grateful that he came.

Praise you, God. Immanuel has come.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home