Tuesday, September 06, 2005

They must not be readers...

... at least not during their work day.

Our agency sent an e-mail this morning with the subject line: "Still waiting..."

So, tomorrow.

In the mean time, I have been buying some snacks for travel/meals while in China. It would be nice if we could eat one meal a day from our stash and only have to buy twice. I also bought some formula for Bao. It's normally $22 and change, but it's on sale this week, and I had a $5 coupon (in B3) from the manufacturer. "They" know I am having a baby. It's creepy how they just know. I have 2 more of the same coupons. They arrived in the mail, addressed to me. That they know doesn't surprise me, but I really do think it's creepy.

Anyway. I bought that formula because of the coupons - yay for their marketing schemes. And I know it can't be all that bad cuz my parents used it when my sister was a baby. But really, I don't have any earthly clue about which formulas are better.

But I am going back with the other coupons tonight to purchase 2 more cans while they are still on sale.

In the mean time, I am trying to gather up all the stuff we need to bring for Bao. The stuff from church was helpful, but I still need a few more things for her. I got out Boo's old clothes on Sunday and will start washing those soon. The dilemma I have is whether to bring 6-9 month clothes, or 12 month. I have no idea how big she is. I suppose that too big is better than too small. But, honestly, it isn't something I am up to worrying about. So, whatever I bring will either fit, or we'll make due.

Packing is my least favorite thing to do. Let alone packing form someone else. Let alone packing for someone else when you don't know what size they wear.

Got to call the pediatrician and gather up all of Bao's meds. Got to get tickets. Got to pack the kids for their trip to K & D's house. Got to get a few papers notarized. Got to get our will written (don't ask.) Somewhere along the way it would be nice to get the house cleaned (HAH!) Then there are all the dumb decisions we have to get out of the way like, should we bring a stroller? Should we bring a car seat or buy one there? Yada, Yada, Yada. Me no like this part.

So, that's my stream-of-consiousness post for today. You can blame the US Consulate. If they had scheduled an appointment for us, this post would have just been happy-happy-joy-joy.

Later.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We always just used whatever formula the pediatrician reccommended(sp?). Maybe you should find out what the baby is on now and just continue that; buy a supply small enough to get you back to Ohio plus a few days and then slowly switch to whatever you bought already. Of course, that means spending a bit in Chaina to get what has already been started.
I think that was a very convoluted explanation, but you know what I mean.

Wed Sep 07, 12:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home