Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Clever Title


Hello, again. I feel as though I have very little to tell you. But if you want to read, I'll type something for you.

As mentioned previously, we went to Walmart today. We found a cute stroller, and Bao really seems to like it. So much so, in fact, that she starts to cry when it comes to a stop. She just likes to keep moving. Even when we hold her, she likes to be moving around. Otherwise she starts pushing away from us.

The stroller thing is minor, but Bao's fussiness factor has definitely risen today. I am unsure of how to comfort her. This is normal for any new mom, but it is still disconcerting. Just when I think she has calmed down, she gets upset again... but I don't know why!

Her eating and napping is all messed up too. It is kind of difficult to follow the schedule they gave us for her, and her cues seem to imply that that's not the schedule she prefers. Part of her schedule included bottle feeding with water or "juice water." Niether of those, from what I remember, is such a great idea for babies this young, so I have omitted it. And I don't know how much of any food she was given, so we are just letting her eat until she acts like she's full.

Today she conked out on the floor of the hotel to take a nap at 11:00. Yesterday it was 1:00. Who knows? And she didn't take as much of a bottle tonight before bed as she did the last two nights... so it has me wondering if she'll be waking up for more in a few hours.

All of these things together have me wondering what kind of flight we have in store for us when we return home. If she doen't like to be still, we might have some problems. And if she is fussy about sleeping and napping, like she was today, it will be a long ride.

Am I boring you to tears yet?

We went out for dinner tonight and B fussed until she got her noodles. The rest of dinner was very pleasant. Then we went for a walk. The weather is absolutely gorgeous, and so is the city with all the lights on. Bao loved the stroller ride. And, as has happened since we got her, all sorts of people are stopping to talk to her or just to look. I don't know how to read all of their glances, but I suppose none of it matters.

Before returning to the room we finally made it to the 21st floor of the hotel where they have a revolving lounge. After getting on one elevator and realizing it only went up to the 18th floor, we hopped on another one and found that the view from the lounge was awesome! The picture that is posted here is from the lounge.

Bao is now scratching at that rash. She has actually been pulling at her clothes since we got her, so maybe it has always been bothering her. Anyway, I put some cream on it and we'll see what happens. Li thinks we should ask about it at the orphanage and see the doctor there. Unfortunately, that isn't until Thursday.

And what's up with the nipple on her bottles? We had one that she liked, so we picked up another one today at Walmart. Since it was clean, we tried to use it. I say tried because she wanted nothing to do with it. I tried several times, then put the "old" nipple on the bottle... and she took it. How can she tell the difference between two identical nipples? I mean they're exactly the same! Whatever we do, we cannot lose that nipple... like I lost my sunglasses...only I am hoping that I just misplaced them.

Aye, aye, aye.

Tomorrow we go to the famous Stone Forest. Should be some good pics from there.

Later, taters.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading the little details...definitely not any boring information on your blog thus far. Just wanted to let you know. :)

Tue Oct 11, 03:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Oct 11, 07:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Oct 11, 08:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Oct 11, 11:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home