Saturday, October 08, 2005

Enough blogging, already!!!

Well, I got some sleep. I went to bed all excited, thinking I would be able to sleep late.

Uh, no.

I couldn't stay awake past 10 pm. I slept great, but I got up at around 5:15 am and I cannot go back to sleep. Jet lag has turned me into a morning person!

Hey, if jet lag can to THAT, maybe it can make me smarter and take away my wrinkles too... I'll let you know what I find out about that.

Paul was up too and we were both looking for something to do. He, of course, decided to check all the college football scores. I was wanting to read some blogs, but I have not been able to access them. I think they are likely blocked in China. So naturally, when Paul told me that Minnesota beat Michigan in the last second of the game, I was bummed I couldn't go offer some words of encouragement to the Michigan fan over at Boy Makes Three. And I really wanted to direct all of you over to grrltravels (sorry, but I don't know the URL for that one) so you could read about what it might be like after we come home with Bao. She's got a great, honest account of what it has been like in the few weeks since she has been home with her Baby Z from China.

But, alas, I cannot do either of these things. So, I will have to be content to post to my own blog... and annoy all of you with another post sans photos of Bao.

I'm wondering about her. I'm wondering, of all things, what her hair is like. Thick or fine? Silly, but I guess that's the stuff you are left to wonder about when you wake up at 5 IN THE MORNING and you don't get so see your child for another 7 1/2 hours. Aye, aye, aye. 7 1/2 hours! (See, there's just nothing good that comes from getting up early!)

We have all of Bao's things laid out on the floor to bring with us today. Bottles and extra formula, her jacket and hat, diapers and wipes, some rice cereal, my list of questions for the orphanage director. Then of course we have the video camera, the regular camera, and gifts for caretakers. I keep looking at all of it thinking, she's gonna be living in this room with us very soon.

Is she gonna look at me and think who is this woman who looks so funny and talks so strangely? (I wonder if she'll understand me when I tell her that Boo and Bug wonder the same things....) Is she going to like us or want to go back to the orphanage? Is she going to smile at us? Will she mind that I will want to play with her toes and kiss her cheeks constantly? Hmmm.

Don't worry, I am not lamenting anything that hasn't happened yet, I am just wondering... and waiting.

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the 5:15am bit!!!!! You need to try 4:20am most mornings. Coffee is great too at that time!!!! And of course the local weather for the day! Glad you made it. Guess which sister??? Will your photos pop up automatically? Since I am new to this "blog" thing....not sure if I need to do something special. Love ya. ???sister???

Sat Oct 08, 07:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sun Oct 09, 07:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home