Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Praises

To balance out the last post, I thought I might post a few praises. I thought I would let everyone (including me) know that, though this season of life is hard, I am not defeated.

Praises:
1. A lovely e-mail from Linda, former college roomie, and great Christian friend. She offered me encouragement from the perspective of one who has been there... and is emerging from the tunnel.

2. Dinner. Provided by Ashley and Melissa - two lovely ladies from our Sunday School class. If you are reading, thanks ladies - especially for the brownies!

3. Grocery shopping completed.

4. Boo wanted very badly to go to church tonight, but is sick. I think it is sweet that she wanted to go so badly.

5. An evening home with the entire family. Paul took a night off from his Wednesday responsibilities at church so I could go to the service. Boo (with fever) and Bug (with what looks like pink eye, and complaining about HIS stomach) had to stay home. But there is absolutely no point of going to a service with Bao, because I would have ended up walking out with her anyway when she got too loud/distracting. SO, we all stayed home. And - go figure- the kids liked it.

6. I agreed to go to church to pick up the craft that Boo was really looking forward to doing. When I left she said, "tell my teacher to pray for me to get better." How sweet is that?

7. I have a lot of "thank you" cards to write.

8. Boo and Bug, both feeling under the weather, went to bed an hour early tonight - voluntarily!

9. A bag of Hershey bars - half price after Halloween.

10. Now that I am done blogging, I am going to bed an hour early too!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

You know...I am not able to comment much these days, as I am writing a novel for NaNoWriMo, but I just wanted you to know I am reading your blog and praying for you and your family. Water finds its own level. You will hopefully get to a point where you feel a little less drained. Until then, I am praying for your refreshment everyday.

Thu Nov 03, 10:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home