Friday, May 26, 2006

Kids

We are working on sight words with Ms. Boo and, for some odd reason, she is confusing "is" and "the."

We have looked at flashcards. We have written the words in the sand box. I have broken down the sounds of the words with her. Nothing has worked.

So, yesterday, I pulled out the big guns. But, she didn't act as interested in my method as I had hoped. I wasn't sure if it worked.

Until this afternoon, when she said, "Mom, I want to practice my cheer."

After a few (read, approximately a minute worth) warm-up jumps, and several tight-lipped pauses to fix her hair, she finally began chanting: T - H -E, that's how we... spell THE. She even got the claps and the arm pumps right.

You GO, girl!
------
In preparing Mr. Bug for his upcoming nap, I sent him back outside to play with these words: "Bug, what are you going to tell me when I tell you it is nap time."

His answer:

"Yes. Or no."

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Addie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Fri May 26, 02:28:00 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

It's so funny the things they confuse in their heads. And once it's confused, it's hard to make it right. Loved the idea of a cheer. That's clever. That must be the teacher in you.

And I LOVE Jonathan's answer to your naptime question!

Fri May 26, 02:30:00 PM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

S-L-E-E-P spells... Oh sorry, I was reinacting this with my childern. :)

Wed May 31, 04:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather,
THAT was funny!
I actually laughed out loud (and recieved several funny looks)

Thu Jun 01, 07:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home