Monday, July 03, 2006

Vacation Update

We've been having a lovely time here in Connecticut. Nothing too spectacular, but lots of time to hang out with my parents and my sisters.

I even got to go the Portuguese bakery with dad. The bread they make is TO DIE FOR. On the way, we had to stop at the bank, where my dad proceded to say hello - by name - to every teller or office worker that he made eye contact with. He did it again at the bakery. I can remember my dad doing that when I was a kid too. I think it is super cool that he makes a point to learn, and USE, people's names.

Last Friday, Paul and I went out for an evening by ourselves. We had some great Italian food, then poked around the mall for a while. I finally found some stationery! Yay!

On a whim, I decided to see if I still knew the way to the house that belonged to my best friend in high school. Well, I think I knew I could do it. Maybe I just wanted to see it again.

Paul and I ended up knocking on the door and spending about an hour hanging out with Heather's mom and dad. They were very gracious, even though we interrupted their dinner - that included Roseanne's brother who was in from New York(?). Roseanne showed me some of her quilts, and we laughed about old stories from back when.

They have even stopped by my blog, it seems. They told me they read this post about Heather. I promised them it was the only time we ever lied to them like that. But, now that I re-read that post, I realize that it doesn't contain the lie I was referring to. (If you want to read THAT one, go here.) So, I am sure that her parents were confused by my statements on Friday, but they were too gracious to let on that I was not making any sense at all!

What a great time it was seeing them again. We told them we'd try to bring the kids by so they could meet them. But Ms. Boo has come down with a fever, so we may have to leave that visit for next time. We'll see.

Yesterday, after church, we hopped on a train and went to the aquarium in South Norwalk. The kids loved the train. I loved watching my mom, dad, and my sister, Krista, chatting with the kids and pointed to all the fun things they saw. It was a good time.

After we came home, Krista and I went out to get some good ice cream. There has been a lot of good ice cream this week. Praise the Lord. Believe you me, every single ice cream trip has merited its own entry on the blessings blog.

We sat around last night laughing about different family vacations we could remember.

Today we are all sitting around doing nothing. Me, because I cut my foot on a piece of glass and I'm trying to get it to stop bleeding. (Still debating about going to the ER for stitches...) Mr. Bug has a big goose egg on his head from where he hit it under the dining room table while they were playing "fort." Boo is just wilted from her fever. But we are managing, and still seem to be in good spirits... Currently, all four of the other members of my family are napping.

And I am still reading. (Post forthcoming.)

Tonight, fireworks. Tomorrow, time with the extended family at my cousin's house.

Will update again later.

5 Comments:

Blogger boomama said...

I love laid-back times like that - so much fun. And tend to that foot, sister! :-)

Mon Jul 03, 03:54:00 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Your vacation sounds nice in that - just spending time with the family - way. Enjoy! PS I've heard after 24 hours they generally wont do stitches since it tends to keep germs in. So maybe you dont have to go after all?

Tue Jul 04, 09:39:00 AM  
Blogger Shalee said...

Yay, you found stationery!!! But I so love the lined paper...

Going home can be so much fun. Especially anytime that you get ice cream. Now milk that injured foot as long as you can. You are after all, at home where you can be well tended...

Wed Jul 05, 05:38:00 PM  
Blogger C. H. Green said...

Never been to Connecticut, but always wanted to go...maybe someday.

Fri Jul 07, 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

Can't get enough of that Portuguese bread...I am noticing that many of my comments are having to do with food. Hmmm.

Tue Mar 27, 04:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home