Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Search is Over

My little corner of the blogosphere, this here Rattling Around, seems to be showing up on search results all around cyberspace. Here are some of the searches for which my blog was included in the results... and my mixed reactions to them:

To the person who was searching with the phrase "child hunger and salvery," I would probably make fun of you... except that I wouldn't have made it into your search results had I not misspelled that word myself. Siiiigh... Apart from that misspelling, however, I can assure you I never would have shown up in your results at all. Children living under my roof, on average, eat something every 7.2 seconds. You won't find the words "child" and "hunger" in the same sentence over here. (Unless you count that last one, in which case I am sorry to everyone else who is searching for information about "child hunger" and came up with a link to my blog-o-drivel.)

Whoever is out there searching for "accepted into harvard" I'll save you a little time and just tell you straight up: Not only was I not accepted to Harvard, but I also cannot spell. I'm thinking this blog isn't for you.

And if you were searching the phrase "women should not go to college," then I don't think this blog is for you either. I did.

To the dear one who typed in "550 failed to change directory open office," I say THANK YOU. It comforts me greatly to know that I am not alone.

And please, oh PLEASE don't come over here if you are concerned about "rattle sound in bathroom when I use water." For the love of all that is good and right, DO NOT come here for home improvement advice.

Where are you, oh seeker of "french crullers dunkin donut recipe"? We must meet. I am certain we are kindred spirits.

And to "scrapbooking self control a fruit of the Spirit," I have just one thing to say: you KNOW Mary would have been a scrapbooker if she could have, what with how she always treasured up all those things in her heart and all. Imagine what she could have done with a few embellishments.

To the person who searched for "cough was so" I have to say: I hear you, man. I hear you.

Finally, to the person who wants to "understand men's minds," let me share with you this certainty: if I could do that, I'd have a much, MUCH larger readership.

Best wishes to all of you in your quest for knowledge. Please do not hesitate to call on me again if you need further assistance.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Shalee said...

Bwah ha ha ha!

You so make me laugh, Lori.

And good luck to the last topic. If said seeker finds a good source, would you please come back and note it for me. I could really use some help there too.

Mon Jan 29, 01:15:00 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

I second Shalee's Bwah ha ha ha!

Too funny Miss Lori!!!!

Mon Jan 29, 03:28:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I always think that the searches are so funny. I don't think that the ones that direct people to my site are funny (but I think that they are usually sorely disappinted).

I popped over here from Boomama's book post to say that I Am Your Friend!! I enjoy non-fiction as much as fiction many times. I also get quite a kick out of Bill Bryson. I posted a few of my favorite recent nonfiction reads on this post,All the Fishes Come Home to Roost, and I also told Boomama she should come on over to the non-fiction side!

Mon Jan 29, 04:40:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I have gotten so may LOL, laugh out louds for those of you who hate the abbreviated version, on blogs today.

I don't even know how to get what people search on to get my blog. That's probably a good thing.

Mon Jan 29, 06:25:00 PM  
Blogger Luisa Perkins said...

So very entertaining. How do you know when you come up on these search results?

Tue Apr 03, 05:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home