Friday, June 02, 2006

A Girl's Gotta have a Goal

I started reading God's Politics by Jim Wallis about 7 renewals ago. I'd put it down for a long time. I also hit a long stretch that bored me (big surprise, right?) But, I want to get it finished so that I can cross it off of this list, rather than add it to this one. Plus, I really want to stick it to my husband for intimating that I cannot read twelve books in one year. (Just kidding...) Anyway, I have about 158 pages left in this book. That is nothing for some people. They'd have it done tomorrow. For me, not so much.

At five cents a day in overdue book fines, I am already at 10 cents, having too much pride to present the book to the librarian and request my eighth renewal. So, I am using the fines as my motivation. Finish the book - and the faster I do it, the less I will have to pay.

Excuse me, I've got some reading to do.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Addie said...

You go girl. I've gotten a little farther into Celebration of Discipline. It is a good book, you were right. I'll let you know my thoughts when I'm done.

I've heard God's Politics is very good, let us know! :)

Fri Jun 02, 03:01:00 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

My husband says I need a library cart by the bed, vs a nightstand. I am always reading several at once. I'm about halfway through Approval Addiction - could never lend it to anyone afterwards for all the comments in the columns. I see myself, and others as I read.

And at 5 cents a day I just call it renting. I check out then when the grace is gone I'm renting. Seriously when I go in I usually just give them a $1 or a $5 ono particularly bad weeks and tell them, "Keep the change." It's still the best deal in town for books I want to read once but not own.

Sat Jun 03, 11:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home