Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Things I thought existed (but don't)

1. Stationery that is neither the size of a notecard nor comes in a set with foil lined envelopes. Apparently, the only people who write letters of any considerable length these days, are extremely snooty. Foil lined envelopes isn't quite my style. But I want to write a "letter," not a "note." Two weeks, 5 stores and I still can't find them. (I'm swear I am going to get another letter to you, Shalee. Even if I have to write it on notebook paper... again.)

2. An off-white shirt that matches the flowers on the hip new skirt I bought. I figured off-white should be easy to find. Naive? No. Just too picky, it seems. I just don't want a shirt so tight it shows off my flab, or so low cut that I might as well not wear a shirt in the first place.

3. A slip in size 5T. Not at Walmart, KMart, Sears, Penney's, or Target. Can't. be. found.

4. A pair of sandals comfortable enough to wear every day, but nice enough to wear with a skirt.

5. My sanity whenever I try to go shopping.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Shalee said...

LOL!!! Hey, notebook paper is good enough for me. I'm not snooty either. (And I had the SAME problem when I went looking for some too. Luckily I found some paper from 1994... Yeah, it had been a long time since I had written anyone.)

It's a good thing to know that I didn't tick you off so much because MY letter took so long in coming that you decided not to write me back. Whew.

Tue Jun 06, 04:41:00 PM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

You could try resume paper. :)

I hate shopping. I'm there with you!

Tue Jun 06, 05:48:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ok, I completely feel your pain, except that I have no reason to look for a slip in a size 5T. :-) Shopping is not a hobby for me; it's a chore!

Tue Jun 06, 06:22:00 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

UGH! I hate it when the hard to find list gets larger and larger! Sorry, I'm no help to ya though!

Tue Jun 06, 07:29:00 PM  
Blogger boomama said...

I am on a quest for the perfect white shirt to go with summer skirts and having no luck. Whatsoever. But I did find a cute skirt today. :-)

For summer sandals, I wear whatever Target or Walmart is selling that has a big ole chunky heel. Not terribly dressy - but since I haven't had on hose since 2001, that's okay with me. :-)

Have you looked online for a 5T slip?

Have you looked at Hallmark for stationery? That used to be my go-to place for real notepaper - not just notecards.

Tue Jun 06, 08:14:00 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

I hear ya on the comfy sandals being dressy enough to wear with, a well, dress... the person who invents something like that is gonna be rich! Kinda like the person who invents comfortable lingerie...

Tue Jun 06, 08:23:00 PM  
Blogger PEZmama said...

Thank you all for sharing my pain. So glad to know I am not alone.

Boo - Two of the five stores I tried were Hallmarks. It's where I used to get all my stationery. The world is a different place now. And, I am certain I could find a slip online. Only I HATE to pay for shipping. Grrrr.....

Heather - resume paper is a good idea. (I just had that smaller stuff in mind because that is all I have ever used.) Might try that!

Tue Jun 06, 10:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could get resume paper and cut it in half. Just a thought. I have a friend whose 4 yo girl has a slip. I'll try to remember to ask her where she got it and then I'll let you know.

Wed Jun 07, 12:23:00 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I found some great sandals at Payless (Susan H-Band Slide, $12.99). I wear a 6 1/2 wide, and it's really hard to find that size in sandals, but find them I did - online. I did go to the store to buy them, but I shopped online first.

Sat Jun 10, 12:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home