Saturday, June 03, 2006

Am I some sort of sicko?

Okay, we already know the answer to that, but humor me, okay?

I have recently been presented with two different opportunities to meet fellow bloggers. I won't try to quantify for you the desire that I have to attend. Let's just say it is vastly infinite. You may say that is superfluously redundant. But, you don't know how vast this infinity is.

It doesn't matter, of course, because I don't think I will be able to attend either. Believe you me, I am wracking my brain trying to figure out how I might work one of them out, but I fear it is not to be. And I am disappointed. In a vastly infinite sort of way.

So, I am wondering, Lori, what in the world is wrong with you? And why are you talking to yourself again?

Why does it bother me so much that I cannot attend either of these get-togethers? I mean, who, in their right mind (ah, that may be the problem) actually SEEKS OUT long distance friendships? And once you have them, aren't they hard to maintain?

As I find out who will be attending these things, my reaction is No! SHE is going to be there? I cannot believe it! And then I start manipulating schedules and trying to figure out some way, ANY WAY that I can be there and meet HER! (Teeny-bopper screaming optional.)

Have I filled in too many blanks that the one-dimensional blogging world has left open. Because, in my mind, I am going to die a long slow death if I can't meet some of these women that I HARDLY KNOW!

What group of random people consists only of really cool, likeable people? Surely, there have to be some bloggers who end up being duds when you meet them in person. (The greatest of whom would be me, by the way.) But, I have it in my mind that every single one of these bloggers is a kindred spirit and that SURELY we will walk away from our meeting having established ourselves as secret pinkie sisters (friends for ever, cross my heart and hope to die.)

It all just seems so illogical. And I can't handle bad logic.

But I still wanna meet these bloggers.

Okay. Now you can answer the question.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

I'm already trying to figure out how to explain to my husband, next year, when there might be an opportunity for a get-together why he should give me travel money to go meet a bunch of people i don't know. pretty sure he wont understand, and im just going to have to be there - glad you understand anyway. and i feel your pain, really i do. even if we're the duds.

Sun Jun 04, 01:00:00 AM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

I have the "what if they don't like me" syndrome. Oh they all may like me on the blog... but once they meet me... !

I do want to meet you thought. How fun would that be. Steven's mom's family all live in Ohio. Perhaps at the next family reunion. I swore that I would NEVER go back to Ohio (it's been 6 years now) but YOU would be the difference.

What I think we should do is have an annual "retreat" for the bloggers. Something like a 3 day cruise or all inclusive hotel. Where we can bring friends, all the food is included, extended time at a hotel, NO KIDS, and other activites to do besides talk. Now THAT I could really get into.

Sun Jun 04, 01:10:00 AM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

Oh and it would be "though" not "Thought" and with that I go to bed. LOL

Sun Jun 04, 01:11:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Your so silly!

But I agree. I want to meet in real life so many people who I've "met" on blogs.

I think there should be a way to all get together..oh I know...all the bloggers get together in one place and all the husbands and kids can get together somewhere else...but then I guess we'd end up with our husbands back and no kids...or would it be the other way around?

Oh well..i hope you figure this one out..i had for you to be having any illogical feelings...I have them all the time..i can sympathize...

Sun Jun 04, 01:17:00 AM  
Blogger boomama said...

You know, I love Heather's idea of having a place where everybody can meet...I mean, there's that big BlogHer conference I read about on other blogs - why couldn't we plan a Christian version of that? I think there might be a way for something really positive to come out of this frustration - seriously!

And I would so pinkie swear with you. :-)

Sun Jun 04, 08:03:00 AM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

No, you're no sicko for wanting to meet other bloggers that you talk to on a regular basis! Or, if you are a sicko, so are the rest of us! LOL! I think Heather's ideas and Boomama's ideas are pretty good- but I also, like Bev, would have a hard time convincing my husband to let me go meet a bunch of people I really don't "know" (let alone give me the $$ to do that!)

Sun Jun 04, 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

Sarah wrote:
would have a hard time convincing my husband to let me go meet a bunch of people I really don't "know"

I totally understand. I don't know if I would go without a "backup" if you will. That's why I think we should set it up more like a vacation (a blogcation) where if the guy's wanted to do something (say like diving) we could chat and if you didn't want to hang out with the women you didn't have to... they hubby would be there. What do you think?

Sun Jun 04, 02:28:00 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

Yes. The answer is definitely Yes.

Oh, you wanted more feedback than that? Well of course you're a sicko! That's why we all want to meet you. Because we're sicko's too. (and NOT in that "Hi, my real name is Gary." kind of way)

I'm ready to Pinkie Swear as well as cross my heart, hope to die, stick a thousand needles in my eye!

Sun Jun 04, 04:56:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Let's give this Christian Bloggers Conf shin dig a name and start working on it for next year. I know it sounds like a long way off, but then every one should have time to make child care arrangements!

What do you think? Vegas, Cancun, a cruise?

Sun Jun 04, 08:51:00 PM  
Blogger PEZmama said...

I love you all.

I like the conference idea. But I am not so great at planning these things. And, for the record, I am ALL about going sans kids or husbands. I want to hang out with the blogging moms! But, if someone plans it otherwise, I'd still try to go!

And, Heather, I don't even want to know why you swore not to come back to Ohio, but I'm flattered that I'm enough to change your mind. Let me know if you ever get out this way. I'll be coming after you with outstretched pinkie.

Sun Jun 04, 11:42:00 PM  
Blogger Shalee said...

See now this is why we just planned a lunch. No conference, no programs, no agenda. Just food, down to earth conversations and as much secret pinkie shaking as we can do while eating chocolate chip cookie dough.

Yep, you have got to find a way to get together with us!! (I've got a bed you can use if it would help with your coming...)

Tue Jun 06, 04:49:00 PM  
Blogger boomama said...

Sorry - just now getting back to this conversation, you know, 3 days later - but I'm all for planning something for next year.

Why does the thought of a Christian blogging conference in Vegas make me oddly happy?

Tue Jun 06, 08:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home